Southern Fried Pork Chops
This recipe is my nanny's passed to my momma and then to me. I would just watch them in the kitchen as a child. Nothing was really ever measured, just a little of this and that.
- Ready In:
- salt & pepper
- 1 - 1 1⁄2 cup flour
- oil or lard
- 4 -10 mixed pork chops
- Put the flour, salt and pepper in a paper bag or ziplock bag.
- Put a couple of pork chops in and shake the bag well set aside.
- Heat the oil in a skillet when the oil is hot put the chops in and fry about 5 to 10 minutes on each side.
- Turn chops every 2 to 3 minutes.
- Place on paper towels to drain.
- I put them in a warm oven until they are all done.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I tried and liked them. Very simple. The only thing I did differently was first seasoned my chops with garlic and herb McCormick seasoning, then dipped each chop in milk (normally use buttermilk but did have so used 2%) the dredge in flour. Then fried. Served with mash potatoes and brocoli. Super Simple! Thanks for sharing1Reply
see 18 more