Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Southern comfort food...and another reason to use my cast-iron skillet.
- 2 medium green tomatoes, chilled
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1⁄4 cup hot bacon drippings
- Cut tomatoes into 1/2-inch slices.
- Stir together mustard and next 5 ingredients. Spread on both sides of tomato slices. Coat in cornmeal.
- Fry tomato slices in hot drippings in a skillet over medium heat 3 minutes on each side or until browned. Drain on paper towels.