Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
Sometimes simple is the best, my family loves this when corn season comes around --- to make things easier use an electric knife to remove the corn from the cob, chili powder is also good to use in place of cayenne, you can also add in 1-2 tablespoons fresh minced garlic or 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder in with the onion if desired :)
Top Review by Three Kids Make Me Crazy
I wasn't crazy about this, but I can see its potential. I think it'd be better without cayenne and with the addition of garlic as suggested. My DH really loved it but the kids refused to eat it, so it was probably just a bit too spicy for them with the cayenne. Maybe use chili powder next time...
- 4 large ears of corn (husks and silks removed)
- 3 tablespoons butter (no subs!)
- 2 -4 teaspoons sugar
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 medium vidalia onion, finely chopped (not minced)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- fresh ground black pepper (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Using a sharp knife remove the corn kernels from the cob (I use my electric knife).
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add in the corn, sugar and cayenne pepper; stir cooking for about 10 minutes.
- Add in chopped onions and continue to cook until crispy.
- Season with salt and ground lots black pepper.