Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
I picked this up when we were in Greece, it's oh so yummy
- 1 kg dried codfish
- 500 g milk
- 500 g frying oil
- 1 cup grated toast
- 1 kg potato
- 2 garlic
- 3 lemons, juice of
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 cup oil
- Slice the cod and put in water for 12 hours, change water 2-3 times, drain.
- Arrange the slices on a plate with the skin upwards.
- Pour the milk over it and let until it is absorbed.
- Dip the slices in the grated toast and fry in hot oil.
- Serve with garlic sauce.
- GARLIC SAUCE:.
- Pound the garlic in a mortar until they are mashed.
- Cook and peel the potatoes, pound them in the mortar too.
- Add the garlic and half a glass of water.
- Season with salt.
- Stir in the oil and lemon juice.
- Continue stirring until sauce is set.