Recipe by Mama's Kitchen (Hope)
Yummy side dish to serve with any type meat, especially pork. This dish is very popular along the Canadian border as well as with Norwegian immigrants to America and Canada. Try this with a shot of Amaretto added in... mmm...
Top Review by Chef floWer
Yummy! This recipe was very interesting and could be used for breakfast as well as a side dish for dinner. We made it as a topping for porridge and it was perfect. Thank you mama's kitchen - *Made for Zaar World Tour 4*
- 8 apples, cored and cut in desired shape
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cardamom
- 1⁄4 cup raisins (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in skillet.
- Add apples that have been sliced or chopped. Peel if desired but prettier with the skin.
- Add remaining ingredients and cook on medium until apples are as soft as you would like them.
- Really pretty when you use a mixture of red and green apples. Looks great at Christmas too.