photo by mailbelle
- Ready In:
- In a large iron skillet, melt the bacon drippings.
- Careful don't let it get too hot.
- Place the apples evenly over the bottom and sprinkle them with the lemon juice, followed by the brown sugar, then salt.
- Cover and cook over a low heat for 15 min.
- until the apples are tender, yet juicy.
- You don't want them dry.
- Sprinkle the apple with cinnamon and nutmeg before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am an avid cook and recipe collector. I've been cooking since I was 9 yrs. old. I am the first American from my family so I cook many different European dishes, everything from west to east. If I had a month just to do what I would like to do...I would like to cook that month with a famous chef. I also write a bulletin for a Service to Mankind organization. Since I collect recipes anywhere I can see them, I've been asked to share them with my readers. So this site is wonderful not just for me!