Prep 1 hr
Cook 5 mins
We were introduced to fresh tuna, at this little fish store in Hawaii many years ago. The marinade that was used was so incredible that I had to try and re-create it at home. I think I came in pretty close. Most restaurants grill their tuna for 3-4 minutes per side, but I tend to like mine rare, so I only cook each side for 1-1/2 minute. Tuna must be as fresh as possible
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons sherry wine
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ginger, finely chopped
- 4 -6 ounces tuna steaks, sushi grade
- Combine sesame oil, soy sauce, sherry, hoisin sauce, salt, pepper, garlic and ginger in a flat dish.
- Add fresh sushi grade tuna and marinate for up to 1 hour, turning occasionally.
- Grill until cooked to desired preference.
Perfect marinade for Tuna. I cooked these on a charcoal grill and they were wonderful. Thank you Abby Girl for sharing this recipe.
Just made this and it was really good! I doubled the marinade, then thickened it with a 1 1/2 tsb cornstarch and used it as a sauce over the fish and brown rice I served with it. It was just what I was looking for! Thanks for posting!
Easy. Maybe a little too much HOISIN flavor for our tastes.