Fresh Tuna Steaks With Lemon
- Ready In:
- 4 ounces fresh parsley
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1 1⁄2 lemons
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 slices fresh tuna, about 1 1/4 pound
- salt and pepper
- 1 lemon
- 4 tablespoons parsley
- Wash parsley and pat dry with paper towels.
- Mince parsley with peeled garlic.
- Wash and dry whole lemon, grate half the zest.
- Peel rest of rind and discard it.
- Slice lemon thinly.
- Squeeze lemon half; add juice, a pinch of salt and pepper, to a bowl; stir until seasonings have dissolved.
- Add wine, oil, parsley and garlic mixture, and grated lemon peel.
- Beat with fork until well blended.
- Wash and dry tuna.
- Arrange in saute or large omelet pan.
- Pour sauce over tuna and cover with lemon slices.
- Cook fish over high heat for 7-8 minutes,
- Remove lemon slices and turn fish over.
- Cook for another 2 minutes.
- Slice remaing lemon.
- Arrange tuna on serving plate.
- Drizzle with cooking juices.
- Decorate with uncooked lemon slices and sprigs of parsley.
- Serve hot or at room temperature.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation