Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is an extremely simple pasta recipe that I love to make when I don't really feel like cooking!
Make and share this Fresh Tomato Pasta recipe from Food.com.
- 2 -3 medium tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) package dry pasta
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Place the garlic clove in a pot of salted water, bring the water to boil and add the rigatoni.
- Cook until al dente.
- Drain well.
- Return the pasta to the pot that the garlic was cooked inches.
- While pasta is cooking, chop the tomato into chunks and place them in a small bowl.
- Sprinkle the tomato chunks with basil and pour oil over the tomato.
- Place tomatoes in the pot with pasta.
- Toss well and eat while warm.
easy to throw together and simply delicious. we added a tablespoon of pesto to the mix and passed lots of parmesan around
Loved the idea of a quick and simple meal coming together in less than 15 minutes. Perfect for those times when you come in late and need something quick. I used gemelli pasta because of a general preference for shapes over strands. Also did a much finer dice on the tomato as 1 inch pieces just seemed too big for a plum tomato. Mixed together the tomato, oil and basil together and let it sit while the pasta cooked. I added extra tomato and was glad because my noodles would have looked a little naked otherwise. The results were good but the flavors were a little flat for me. Wasn't sure what to do with the garlic so I mashed it and put it back in with the pasta. Also added a little black pepper and a bit of crushed red pepper. That helped. I really think this has great possibilities and will tinker with it 'til its a dish I love. Thanks for inspiring me and sharing this recipe.
Garlic, tomato, pasta! Yummy! This was a light pasta dish that was just right! Fresh!!! I added some grated parmesan cheese, and it was like heaven!!! Can't wait for the next Fresh Tomato Pasta night!!!