Super Easy Peanut Butter-Filled Vanilla Cupcakes... Yummy!
- Ready In:
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box of betty crocker super moist vanilla cake mix
- 1 1⁄4 water
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 whole eggs
PEANUT BUTTER FILLING
- 1 1⁄4 cups peanut butter
- 3⁄8 cup butter, softened. (3/8 cup, for those beginner bakers, is an imaginary line right in half between the 1/4 sign, and the)
- 1⁄2 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- Follow the directions on the box.
- Let cool in fridge while making the peanut butter filling.
PEANUT BUTTER FILLING:
- In a large bowl, combine the peanut butter, the softened butter, and the vanilla.
- Mix on medium (if you don't have a mixer, just go ahead and use a fork, not spoon!) until smooth.
- Slowly beat in the powdered sugar while mixing.
- Using a wooden spoon, scrape in any of the pwodered sugar that remained on side of bowl.
- The mix may not be fully mixed together, so stick your hands in it and knead the mix until very smooth and doughy.
- NOTE: If the mix is still a little too sticky, or isn't doughy enough to roll out, gradually add in a little bit of powdered sugar while kneading with hands.
FROSTING FOR CUPCAKES:
- No need to tell you how to make the frosting if you did buy the kind in the plastic container! But I will tell you that if you use a wilton metal frosting spatula, it makes your frosting skills look a lot better, and it's more fun!
HOW TO FILL THE CUPCAKES:
- Cut the top off of the cupcake and set aside.
- Roll out about one fourth of the peanut butter mix.
- Take the top of the cupcake and place on top of any area on the rolled out peanut butter dough.
- Take a knife, and trace the amount of filling you will need to fit the top of that cupcake.
- Cut it out, and place on top of cut cupcake.
- Then place the cupcake top back on cupcake.
- Frost, if desired.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!