Air Force Mama's Note:
Recipe and photo from The Country Cook
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
FOR THE CAKE
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box vanilla, white or 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1 (3 ounce) box strawberry gelatin powder (Jell-O)
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 pint fresh strawberries (or 1 cup crushed fresh strawberries)
FOR THE ICING
- 1Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- 2Spray 9x13 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- 3Give your strawberries a good rinse then gently dry them with a paper towel.
- 4Remove the stems and dice them up.
- 5Then stick them in a plastic Ziploc bag and start crushing them up using a rolling pin or other heavy object. This will probably take you a minute or two.
- 6In the bowl, combine cake mix with strawberry gelatin powder. Mix until combined.
- 7Then stir in your oil, eggs and water.
- 8Once that is combined, add in 1 cup of your smooshed strawberries.
- 9You will want to gently stir those in by hand.
- 10Then pour batter into baking dish.
- 11Bake for about 30-33 minutes.
- 12Oven times do vary so to make sure it is done, stick a toothpick in the center, if it comes out clean, it is good to go. Allow cake to cool completely before adding frosting.
- 13To make the frosting, mix together your softened butter and softened cream cheese.
- 14It's easiest if you have an electric mixer. Mix until smooth and creamy and lump-free.
- 15Then mix in powdered sugar, vanilla extract and milk.
- 16Mix until smooth and creamy.
- 17Slather frosting onto cooled cake.
- 18Then slice and serve. If there are any leftovers, you'll want to cover it and put into the fridge.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fresh Strawberry Cake
Serving Size: 1 (76 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 241.7
- Calories from Fat 119
- Total Fat 13.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 40.4 mg
- Sodium 51.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 13.3 g
- Protein 4.3 g