Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 33 mins
Recipe and photo from The Country Cook
Make and share this Fresh Strawberry Cake recipe from Food.com.
FOR THE CAKE
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box vanilla, white or 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1 (3 ounce) boxstrawberry gelatin powder (Jell-O)
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 pint fresh strawberries (or 1 cup crushed fresh strawberries)
FOR THE ICING
- 0.5 (4 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄3 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Spray 9x13 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Give your strawberries a good rinse then gently dry them with a paper towel.
- Remove the stems and dice them up.
- Then stick them in a plastic Ziploc bag and start crushing them up using a rolling pin or other heavy object. This will probably take you a minute or two.
- In the bowl, combine cake mix with strawberry gelatin powder. Mix until combined.
- Then stir in your oil, eggs and water.
- Once that is combined, add in 1 cup of your smooshed strawberries.
- You will want to gently stir those in by hand.
- Then pour batter into baking dish.
- Bake for about 30-33 minutes.
- Oven times do vary so to make sure it is done, stick a toothpick in the center, if it comes out clean, it is good to go. Allow cake to cool completely before adding frosting.
- To make the frosting, mix together your softened butter and softened cream cheese.
- It's easiest if you have an electric mixer. Mix until smooth and creamy and lump-free.
- Then mix in powdered sugar, vanilla extract and milk.
- Mix until smooth and creamy.
- Slather frosting onto cooled cake.
- Then slice and serve. If there are any leftovers, you'll want to cover it and put into the fridge.