Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
from Sam the Cooking Guy - he's great!
- 1 lb spaghetti
- 1⁄2 lb tomatoes (seeds removed, roughly chopped)
- 4 -5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 dozen large basil leaves, torn into smallish pieces
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- kosher salt and pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Put tomatoes in a bowl with the garlic, basil and olive oil - season with salt & pepper.
- Drain pasta, add to bowl and toss well with tomato mixture.
- Serve with shredded parmesan cheese.
I made a version similar to this., but I added organo and topped with Parmesan chese. I also cooked the garlic and added the tomatoes, oregano and basil and heated it up for about 2 - 3 minutes. I also used wheat pasta and did not add salt. It was very good. I will try your version the next tie I make it.
I made this recipe up in my head as I was looking at my garden and trying to figure out what I could make for supper. The fresh tomatoes and basil made it awesome! I added a little more garlic and let the basil and garlic infuse in the olive oil while I cut up the tomatoes. I googled the recipe to see if anyone else had posted it and was pleased to find your recipe. This was such a fresh, low cal option in place of spagetti sauce. I bet you could make it a cold pasta dish too!! Thank you!! I just made this my new favorite pasta dish....YUM!