Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 hrs
I adapted this recipe after having the lobster-shrimp ceviche at San Pedro restaurant in Hudson, Wisconsin. You'll find many uses for this versatile dish. You can substitute the shrimp and scallops with lobster or any hearty white fish. All measurements are approximate. The seafood cooks in the lime juice...there is no need to cook it ahead.
- 1⁄2 lb shrimp, peeled, deveined, and chopped into bite-sized pieces (salad shrimp work great for this)
- 1⁄2 lb bay scallops or 1⁄2 lb sea scallops, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1⁄2 red onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup lime juice (fresh is best!)
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 -2 garlic clove, chopped
- fresh ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon seasoning salt (I like Morton's Nature's Seasoning)
- Chop all fresh ingredients and place in a large bowl.
- Add the chopped seafood.
- Slowly add lime juice until everything is just covered. You may need more than is recommended in the ingredients list.
- Add seasoning salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes.
- Feel free to add tomatoes, corn, or anything else you might like. It is also okay to use all shrimp or all scallops or to substitute in just about any other shellfish or white fish that you like.
- Refrigerate at least 3 hours.
- You can drain off a little of the lime juice if you like, but I don't find this necessary.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with tortilla chips or as a garnish to a fish dish. I'm sure you can find many uses for this delicious salsa!
Pretty much followed the recipe as is, though I chopped everything SMALL (much smaller than bite-sized!) & included 2 large cloves of garlic! It was all refrigerated about 5 1/2 hours before serving it as a dip with corn scoops, yam chips & crackers! Great recipe! [Made & reviewed for one of my adopted chefs in this Spring's PAC]
Really enjoyed this recipe. I just used shrimp because that is what I had. I also used 4 cloves of garlic, 2 tomatoes and approximately 8 limes since they were very small. My husband and I both loved the recipe!! Thanks for making our mouth and stomachs happy!