3 hrs 20 mins
I adapted this recipe after having the lobster-shrimp ceviche at San Pedro restaurant in Hudson, Wisconsin. You'll find many uses for this versatile dish. You can substitute the shrimp and scallops with lobster or any hearty white fish. All measurements are approximate. The seafood cooks in the lime juice...there is no need to cook it ahead.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb shrimp, peeled, deveined, and chopped into bite-sized pieces (salad shrimp work great for this)
- 1/2 lb bay scallops or 1/2 lb sea scallops, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup lime juice (fresh is best!)
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 -2 garlic clove, chopped
- fresh ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon seasoning salt (I like Morton's Nature's Seasoning)
- 1Chop all fresh ingredients and place in a large bowl.
- 2Add the chopped seafood.
- 3Slowly add lime juice until everything is just covered. You may need more than is recommended in the ingredients list.
- 4Add seasoning salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes.
- 5Feel free to add tomatoes, corn, or anything else you might like. It is also okay to use all shrimp or all scallops or to substitute in just about any other shellfish or white fish that you like.
- 6Refrigerate at least 3 hours.
- 7You can drain off a little of the lime juice if you like, but I don't find this necessary.
- 8Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 9Serve with tortilla chips or as a garnish to a fish dish. I'm sure you can find many uses for this delicious salsa!
Browse Our Top Salsas Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Salsas Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fresh Seafood Salsa
Serving Size: 1 (105 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 65.9
- Calories from Fat 5
- Total Fat 0.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 64.5 mg
- Sodium 118.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 11.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: