1 hr 25 mins
Tisy Adams's Note:
I got this recipe off Oprah. Depending upon the sweetness of your fruit, you may want to use a little less sugar. Or if the fruits not as flavorful as you'd like, add 1/2 tsp. almond extract and 1 tsp. lemon juice to the filling.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
CREAM CHEESE CRUST
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1To make crust: Sift flour, baking powder, and salt into a bowl and stir to mix. Set aside. With an electric mixer, beat together cream cheese and butter until well blended. Add vanilla and almond extract and stir to blend. Add sugar and stir until well blended. Add flour mixture, and blend thoroughly. Do not overmix.
- 2With lightly floured hands, form dough into a flat round. Wrap and refrigerate until firm enough to handle, about 1 hour (dough will be slightly sticky).
- 3On a lightly floured work surface, roll dough out into a 12-inch round, 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick. Roll dough up into bottom and sides of pan. Trim excess dough. Using a fork, press edges of dough down on lip of pie pan. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate 30 to 40 minutes or overnight before baking.
- 4Preheat oven to 350 degrees, Bake crust until light brown and puffy, 25 to 30 minutes. Set aside to cool completely.
- 5To make filling: In the meantime, peel, pit, and slice peaches. Mix with 1/2 cup sugar and spread evenly over prepared crust. Whip cream in a bowl with an electric mixer until soft peaks form; add remaining 1/4 cup sugar and beat until stiff. Top peaches with whipped cream and and refrigerate at least 2 hours but no longer than 8 hours.
Browse Our Top Pies and Tarts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pies and Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fresh Peach Pie With Cream Cheese Crust
Serving Size: 1 (283 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 491.7
- Calories from Fat 247
- Total Fat 27.5 g
- Saturated Fat 17.0 g
- Cholesterol 87.0 mg
- Sodium 289.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 40.7 g
- Protein 5.3 g