Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Sunset Favorite Recipes, this is a yummy side dish.
- 1⁄2 lb mushroom
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fines herbes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- Wash and dry mushrooms, cut off ends of stems without separating them from the caps, and slice 1/8-inch-thick lengthwise.
- Sprinkle with seasoning salt, fines herbes, and dry mustard.
- Brown in butter, adding more if necessary to keep mushrooms moist.
- When nearly done, add vinegar; reheat, and serve hot.
Scrumptious!! We loved the way hint of dry mustard and light acidity of the red wine vinegar brought a whole new flavor dimension to this lovely side. Made as written using parsley and tarragon for the herb mixture. Will be making again, thanks for the post.
Yummy, indeed! These mushrooms have a wonderful, delicate herb flavor. I used parsley and tarragon for the fines herbes. This is one of those sides that would go with anything from beef to fish. I'll make these again. Thanx!