Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is super easy--it's done in the microwave.
- 2 cups fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon parsley flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- Place mushrooms and onions in melted butter in a 1-quart microwave bowl; cook on medium high heat in microwave for 3 to 4 minutes or until onion is tender. Stir in flour, blending well. Gradually stir in cream and other ingredients.
- Cook on medium high for 3 minutes or until thickened. Stir once or twice during cooking.
- Serve with crisp crackers or celery.
I don't know if I did something wrong, if it was my microwave or the recipe but this didn't work out for me! It was more like a paste than a dip & even though I added a healthy dash of cayenne, it was very bland. Sorry Recipe Fairy
best dip i ever made, thank you!!