Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Very easy and tasty. It's satisfying to be able to make your own mayo. I use it when I'm broke.
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 3 tablespoons vinegar or 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 cups salad oil (less if mixture thickens quickly)
- Put first six ingredients in blender.
- Cover and switch the motor for just a few seconds.
- Uncover and add salad oil gradually while the motor is running.
- Blend until very thick and smooth.
Very easy recipe to follow! Just a little too tart for me, would use less vinegar. The thickness was wonderful, it sat up perfectly. Thanks!