Recipe by mianbao
I am posting this recipe in answer to a request. I haven't made it, but am planning to do so sometime soon. The prep time includes making the wrappers. From Martin Yan.
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil, about
- 1⁄2 cup onion, julienned
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 skinless chicken breast half, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 lb medium raw shrimp, shelled,deveined,and halved
- 1 1⁄2 cups jicama, julienned (You may substitute drained, canned water chestnut)
- 1⁄2 small carrot, finely julienned
- 2 green onions, finely julienned
- 2 teaspoons oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 5 lettuce leaves
Directions See How It's Made
- Wrappers: Mix eggs, water, cornstarch, flour, and salt together until smooth.
- Put the batter through a strainer.
- Heat a nonstick 8-inch omelet pan.
- Over medium heat, brush pan with 1/4 teaspoon oil.
- Pour 1/4 cup batter into pan; move pan to let the batter flow over the entire surface.
- Cook until lightly browned on the edges and surface looks dry, about 45 seconds.
- Loosen with a spatula, and cook the other side 10 seconds longer.
- Place cooked wrapper onto a plate.
- Repeat until all the batter is used.
- Add 1 tablespoon oil to a wok over high heat, swirling to coat sides.
- Stir-fry the onion and garlic for 30 seconds.
- Add chicken and shrimp; stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- Remove contents from pan.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in the same pan.
- Stir-fry the jicama and carrot for 1 minute.
- Add green onions; cook about 2 minutes more, so that the vegetables are still crisp but tender.
- Return chicken mixture to pan; add oyster sauce, fish sauce, and pepper; cook for 1 minute.
- Use half of a piece of lettuce for each lumpia.
- Place lettuce on wrapper and spoon about 1/3 cup filling on top.
- Fold bottom third of wrapper over filling, then fold in sides.
- Serve with a mixture of hoisin sauce and soy sauce.