Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I have no idea where this recipe came from it has been passed on through the family for years. This is a salsa like you have never had before and quite addicting. Hope you like it! Cooking time is refridgeration time. Use Rotelle tomatoes for chopped tomatoes and chilies.
- 1 (19 ounce) can garbanzo beans (Drain beans and process in food processor or blender, adding just enough juice to make smooth and cr)
- 3 cups celery, finely chopped
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled, seeded and finely diced
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro or 1 cup parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon Tabasco sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 (10 ounce) cansdiced tomatoes and green chilies
- Mix all ingredients in large container. Refrigerate ate least one day before serving.
- Serve with tortilla chips.