1/1 Photo of Fresh Garden Pea Salad
Lili's, Rori's & Rainah's Meemaw's Note:
This recipe is my version of Luby's pea salad. My daughters always ask for it at family bbq's. My british side of the family are now new fans of it, as well. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do. Fresh peas work great for this recipe. Just blanch them and then dry them well. Don't be concerned if the dressing seams skimpy at first. The salad will get moist as it sits.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 10 ounces frozen baby peas, thawed in a collander and then dried on towel
- 3/4 cup cheddar cheese, cut in pea-size chunks
- 10 -12 grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 4 small gherkins, cut in pea-size chunks
- 3 green onions, chopped (using white part and a little of the green)
- 6 fresh green beans, broken in pieces and microwaved (about 3 minutes)
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise (I use Hellmans)
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon sugar (can substitute with 1 pkg Splenda)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1Drain and dry baby peas very well.
- 2Add cheese, tomatoes, gherkins, onions and beans to pea mixture, set aside.
- 3Combine mayonnaise, mustard, sugar and salt and pepper. Stir til smooth.
- 4Gently, fold dressing mixture into peas.
- 5Refrigerate, if desired, before serving. But, it isn't necessary if you are in a hurry.
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fresh Garden Pea Salad
Serving Size: 1 (98 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 166.3
- Calories from Fat 84
- Total Fat 9.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 18.2 mg
- Sodium 508.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 5.6 g
- Protein 7.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: