Recipe by SaffronMeSilly
Got this from January 2010 Cooking club magazine. Haven't tried it yet, but it looks good and I don't want to lose it.
Top Review by Horsestalktome
This was awesome! I used mostly half and half instead of whole milk, and added 1/2 t. cinnamon and 1 t. vanilla to the egg mixture. I also only used 7 eggs, as I don't like my french toast too "eggy". I added an extra 1/4 c. maple syrup and drizzled another 1/2 cup over it before serving at a party, because I didn't want to have to put maple syrup on the side for serving. I also used half regular sugar and half brown sugar to enhance the flavors. Loved it, and am sharing the recipe now with everyone at the party that asked for it!
- 1 loaf French bread, cubed 1 1/2 inches (1 lb)
- 226.79 g package cream cheese, cubed
- 8 eggs
- 591.47 ml whole milk
- 177.44 ml sugar
- 88.74 ml butter, melted
- 59.14 ml maple syrup
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray 13x9 inch glass baking dish with cooking spray. Place half of the bread in dish, sprinkle with cream cheese. Top with remaining bread.
- Whisk all remaining ingredients in large bowl; pour over bread, pressing on bread with spatula to soak up egg mixture. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Heat oven to 350. Bake uncoverd 45 minutes or until lightly browned.