Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Got this from January 2010 Cooking club magazine. Haven't tried it yet, but it looks good and I don't want to lose it.
- 1 loaf French bread, cubed 1 1/2 inches (1 lb)
- 226.79 g package cream cheese, cubed
- 8 eggs
- 591.47 ml whole milk
- 177.44 ml sugar
- 88.74 ml butter, melted
- 59.14 ml maple syrup
- Spray 13x9 inch glass baking dish with cooking spray. Place half of the bread in dish, sprinkle with cream cheese. Top with remaining bread.
- Whisk all remaining ingredients in large bowl; pour over bread, pressing on bread with spatula to soak up egg mixture. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Heat oven to 350. Bake uncoverd 45 minutes or until lightly browned.
This was awesome! I used mostly half and half instead of whole milk, and added 1/2 t. cinnamon and 1 t. vanilla to the egg mixture. I also only used 7 eggs, as I don't like my french toast too "eggy". I added an extra 1/4 c. maple syrup and drizzled another 1/2 cup over it before serving at a party, because I didn't want to have to put maple syrup on the side for serving. I also used half regular sugar and half brown sugar to enhance the flavors. Loved it, and am sharing the recipe now with everyone at the party that asked for it!
omg this recipe is so awesome. i as well found it in a magazine and me and my family fell in love. its very creative and very filling, YUMMY
I was trying to replicate a dish i saw at my MOPS meeting. This came pretty darn close. My 11yr old son lived it, and it was great even the next day!