Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Adapted from an old cookbook.
- 4 teaspoons black pepper, coarsely ground
- 3 lbs rib eye steaks, cut into 6 equal portions, about 1 1/2 inch thick
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup brandy
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- fresh parsley, for garnish
- Press pepper into both sides of steaks. Heat butter and oil in a large skillet over high heat; add steak and sear on both sides. Reduce heat to medium high and cook an additional 6 to 7 minutes on each side, more for well done.
- Remove steak to serving platter and keep warm. Season lightly with salt to taste.
- Add brandy to pan with drippings and heat until bubbly; add a small amount of cream. Pour sauce over steaks; garnish with parsley.
Delish and so easy. Did add some fresh mushrooms saute in butter. Used NY strip steaks, some sauce over potatoes, very good. Will keep this one. Thank you, Kitty
It was wonderful! Thanks so much for the recipe!
Outstanding sauce. Really easy to do. My wife rated it "the best she's ever had!" The only sauce for steak you'll ever need.