Prep 25 mins
Cook 16 mins
- 4 cups thinly sliced onions
- 2 -3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 (46 ounce) can tomato juice
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- salt and pepper
- 6 slices French bread, toasted
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- In a large saucepan, saute onions and garlic in butter until tender.
- Add the tomato juice, bouillon, lemon juice, parsley, brown sugar, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Ladle soup into 10 oz.
- ovenproof soup bowls or ramekins.
- Top with french bread; sprinkle with cheese.
- Broil for 4-6 inches from heat for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is bubbly.
Yummy, I used passata and water instead of tomato juice. This was delicious. I substituted cheddar for the mozzarella.
I have made this recipe several times and it is TDF!