Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is my all time favorite slow cooker recipe! If you love French Onion Soup, you will love this casserole! Taken from a Pillsbury One-Dish Meals Cookbook.
- 1 1⁄4 lbs boneless beef round steak (1/2 to 3/4-inch thick)
- 1 (8 ounce) packagesliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 large onion, sliced,seperated into rings
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed French onion soup
- 1 (6 ounce) package 10-minute herb stuffing mix
- 1⁄4 cup margarine or 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 4 (1 cup) ouncesshredded mozzarella cheese
- Cut beef into 6 serving sliced pieces- (instead of this I usually buy two pounds of beef stew meat already cubed).
- Layer half each of beef, mushroom and onion in 3 1/2 to 4-quart slow cooker; repeat layers.
- Pour soup over ingredients in slow cooker.
- Cover, cook on low setting for 8 to 10 hours or until beef is tender and no longer pink.
- Before serving, in medium bowl, combine stuffing mix, contents of seasoning packet, melted margarine and 1/2 cup of liquid from the slow cooker; toss to mix.
- Place stuffing on top of contents in slow cooker.
- Increase heat to high setting.
- Cover; cook an additional 10 minutes or until stuffing is fluffy.
- Sprinkle with cheese (I usually double this and put 8 ounces or 2 cups cheese).
- cover; cook until cheese is melted.