Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
This is THE traditional French family dish from Quebec, Canada.
- 3⁄4 lb ground beef
- 3⁄4 lb ground pork
- 4 -5 medium potatoes
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 4 -5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon crushed clove
- salt, to taste
- pie crust
- Saute onion and garlic in butter.
- Add meats, salt, pepper to taste.
- Cover and cook slowly, stirring occasionally.
- Peel, boil and mash potatoes- do not add butter or milk to them.
- Add cooked meat mixture to potatoes and mix until well blended.
- Mix in spices to taste.
- Pour into bottom pie crust, cover with top.
- Cut slits in the top and paint with milk.
- Bake in 425° oven for 30 minutes, then lower oven to 350° and bake an additional 45 minues or until crust is golden brown.
- Serve hot!