Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a very simple, but rich coconut pie and the results are out of this world. I got the recipe from of a community cookbook.
- 1 9 inch pie shell, unbaked,ready or homemade (NOT deep dish)
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 dash salt
- 3 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups coconut (I use Angel Flake, sweetened)
- Put all ingredients into a mixing bowl and mix well with a mixer.
- Pour ingredients into unbaked pie crust.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 to 60 minutes.
- Serve either warm or at room temperature.
I prepared this delicious recipe for a small gathering and let me just say-IT WAS A HIT! I can't wait for you to share more from your files!
Good show, Angelic! What a delicious and easy recipe this was. A fantastic, quick pie to make for any occasion. I have a friend getting out of hospital soon and plan to surprise her with this pie. Your instructions on preparing the recipe were so easy to follow. I hope to see more recipes from you in future.
M-m-m-m-m! This is wonderful! Chewey,crunchy coconut. This is very sweet and rich, so only a small piece is needed with plain hot tea or coffee, but oooh! So good. And easy and fast. I just mixed it all up in a bowl without the mixer. Worked just fine. I needed the full 60 minutes and it has to be completely cooled. Refrigerated is better. Mine came out quite soft, but fortunately no one else in the house is all that wild about coconut. Mine, all mine...