You can add a protein such as cooked chicken, cooked beef, cooked turkey or cooked sausage to the recipe. Its a good way to use up leftovers. Use 2 1/2 cups cooked meat for each recipe of rice.
My Private Note
batch m ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup uncooked white rice
- 1 3/4 cups water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1Choose which variation you plan to prepare.
- 2Combine the rice, water and all ingredients for either beef or chicken variations in a large microwave-safe dish.
- 3For a single batch, microwave on high 6 minutes.
- 5Microwave at 50 percent power for 10 minutes.
- 6For a double batch, microwave on high 9 minutes.
- 8Microwave at 50 percent power for 14 minutes.
- 9Remove from microwave oven and let stand for 5 minutes.
- 10To Freeze: Place rice in rigid containers.
- 11Allow to cool.
- 12Seal, label and freeze.
- 13To Serve: Thaw overnight in the refrigerator.
- 14The best method for reheating.
- 15is in the microwave oven.
- 16Add some water or broth to the rice.
- 17Microwave on high 5 minutes.
- 18Stir the rice.
- 19Microwave an additional 3 to 5 minutes if needed.
Browse Our Top Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Freezer Microwave Rice
Serving Size: 1 (1214 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1390.6
- Calories from Fat 22
- Total Fat 2.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.3 mg
- Sodium 607.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 305.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.9 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 26.2 g