Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Yes, it's crisp--and freezes beautifully. Allowing the vegetables to stand with salt releases liquid that would interfere with freezing. Be sure to drain well before adding dressing! Contributed by: ceo on Organized Homes.com
- In a large bowl, combine shredded vegetables and salt. Let stand for 1 hour.
- Place remaining ingredients in a saucepan, bring to a boil, and boil for 1 minute. Cool.
- Drain vegetables and add vinegar mix. Stir gently.
- Freeze in tightly-sealed freezer containers.
- To serve, thaw and serve chilled.