definitely make this if you want to impress someone. not too hard to make - most of the instructions are about folding and cutting the dough. the center is a quick- no cook creamy filling.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed (1/2 a 17.3 oz package)
- 3 ounces light cream cheese or 3 ounces neufchatel cheese
- 1/4 cup heavy cream or 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 teaspoons orange-flavored liqueur
- 3/4 cup red seedless grapes, each cut in half
- 2 ripe kiwi fruits, peeled and then each cut lengthwise in half,then thinly sliced crosswise
- 1/2 pint medium strawberry, hulled,and each cut lengthwise in half (1 1/2 c)
- 2 tablespoons apricot jam, melted
- 1Preheat oven to 400*F.
- 2On lightly floured surface, unfold puff pastry sheet.
- 3Cut pastry on a fold line to remove 1 (9"by 3") strip;set aside.
- 4With floured rolling pin, roll remaining larger pastry piece into about a 14" by 8" rectangle and transfer to a large cookie sheet.
- 5With a sharp knife, trim pastry to make straight edges.
- 6On a floured surface, roll remaining pastry strip into 16" by 3" rectangle: fold in half to form 8"by 3"rectangle, then cut lengthwise into 3 equal strips.
- 7Unfold strips.
- 8Moisten edges of pastry on cookie sheet (with finger dipped in water).
- 9Place one pastry strip on dampened edge of each long side of the rectangle; trim to fit.
- 10Cut remaining pastry strip crosswise in half and place each half along short sides of rectangle, overlapping strips on long sides.
- 11With a rolling pin- lightly roll over dough to seal edges.
- 12With a fork prick dough rectangle (inside the strips) at 1/4" intervals to prevent puffing during baking.
- 13Bake tart shell 13 to 15 min or until lightly browned.
- 14(If the center of the pastry puffs up, open oven and press down with the back of a spoon after 7 min baking) Remove pastry from cookie sheet and cool on a wire rack.
- 15Meanwhile in a small bowl with a spoon or fork, mix cream cheese, heavy cream,sugar, and 1tbs liqueur until smooth (although some small lumps of cream cheese may remain).
- 16Spread cream cheese filling into cooled pastry shell.
- 17You can arrange fruit however you like although it was recommended to me to make rows of fruit down the long side of the tart (a row of grapes, a row of kiwis, a row of strawberries).
- 18Stir remaining 1 t.
- 19liqueur into the melted apricot jam.
- 20Brush jam mixture over fruit.
- 21If not serving right away, cover and refrigerate up to 8 hrs.
Browse Our Top Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for freedom fruit tart
Serving Size: 1 (73 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 183.7
- Calories from Fat 102
- Total Fat 11.4 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 12.1 mg
- Sodium 83.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 6.8 g
- Protein 2.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: