Prep 0 mins
Cook 35 mins
- 12 ounces cavatappi pasta
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 2 cups cheddar cheese
- 1 cup Fontina cheese
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese
- 1 cup asiago cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups breadcrumbs
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons butter (melted)
- preheat oven to 350 & prepare pasta.
- melt 1/2 cup butter. whisk in flour & pepper for one minute.
- gradually whisk in the milk & cook over medium heat , whisking constantly for six to seven minutes.
- add mustard to mixture & remove from heat.
- chop onion & add to tomatoes in stove top pan. saute for 10 minutes.
- Toss 4 cheese in bowl. reserve 1 1/2 cups cheese and add the remaining cheese mixture & pasta to sauce, tossing to coat thoroughly.
- pour mixture in greased casserole dish & top with reserved cheese.
- toss breadcrumbs with the butter and add to the top of casserole.
- bake for 35 mintues.