Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Roasted Vegetables enrich the Enhanced Stock. Fortified Vegetable Stock is used to enhances, Stews, Soups, Fresh Vegetable Dishes, Poaching Fish and Shell Fish.
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 lbs brown onions (Cut in wedges)
- 2 lbs leeks (white part only, Chopped)
- 2 lbs carrots (Chopped)
- 2 lbs celery (Chopped)
- 2 lbs celery root (Chopped)
- 1 lb parsnip (Chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (Chopped)
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 bunch parsley (Chopped)
- 12 sprigs thyme (Chopped)
- 6 sprigs summer savory (Chopped)
- 6 sprigs marjoram (Chopped)
- 3 sprigs rosemary (Chopped)
- 6 black peppercorns
- 6 juniper berries
- 2 cups Chardonnay wine
- 1⁄2 cup rice wine vinegar
- Pre-Heat oven to 450°F.
- In a roasting pan whisk olive oil, sea salt and black pepper until combined.
- Place vegetables, bay leaves in roasting pan and turn until well coated.
- Roast vegetable for 15-minutes. Scrape vegetables into a 12-quart stock pot. Add fresh herbs and cover with cold water. Bring stock to a full boil uncovered, reduce to a simmer for 15-minutes and skim fat from stock several times.
- Add Chardonnay wine, Rice Wine Vinegar and simmer for 25-minutes.
- Remove vegetables and strain stock with a fine-mesh sieve. Cool stock with a ice bath, cover and refrigate. The stock will hold for 1-2 days.