Recipe by Tish
Be creative--add any veggie you like that will complete cooking in 40 minutes. A meal all in one that you can prepare the night before. I have also taken these camping to throw on the grill for an easy, mess-free meal.
Top Review by canarygirl
Another great campin' recipe!! I prepared the chicken in a ziplock bag, and had the vegetables chopped and ready in another ziplock. I froze the chicken and threw it in the cooler like that, by day 3 it was thawed, and I made up the packets. So easy and delicious!! Thanks for another great camping recipe!!
- 4 white-meat chicken quarters or 4 chicken breasts
- 1⁄4 cup corn oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 2 fresh tomatoes, peeled and chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse the chicken and pat dry with paper towel.
- Cut 4 10-inch squares of heavy duty foil.
- Pour 1 Tbs oil on each sheet of foil; spread to cover foil.
- Place chicken on foil squares.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper and garlic powder Combine onion, green pepper, parsley, and tomatoes; toss.
- Spoon vegetable mixture evenly over the chicken.
- Fold and seal foil.
- Place foil packs on cooking sheet and bake at 425F for 40 minutes. Serve chicken from foil packets.
- Be careful when opening packets; steam is trapped inside.