Grilled Bacon Wrapped Chicken (In Foil)
Excellent choice for the grill lover! Great choice for a barbecue or anyone who loves chicken! It's a fairly simply recipe, but it comes out so tasty! Jalapenos are completely optional-- I prefer mine without, but it seems to go over great with those who love some spice!
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 4 large chicken thighs (or breasts)
- 1 cup sweet baby rays barbecue sauce
- 2 large onions, sliced
- 16 slices bacon
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- garlic powder, to taste
- 1 small jalapeno, sliced (optional)
- 1 cup mushroom, sliced (optional)
- On four large sheets on aluminum foil, place 4 slices of bacon in the center of each.
- Evenly divide onion slices, and neatly place on top of the bacon slices (add jalapenos and/or mushrooms on top of the onions).
- Place the large chicken pieces on top of the onions (and other vegetables) and add salt, pepper and garlic.
- Smother chicken in sweet baby ray's barbecue sauce (1/4 cup to each chicken thigh--- add more if desired).
- Wrap chicken in tight foil packets; double wrap for extra support.
- Place wrapped packets on hot coals; Cook for one hour, turning over ever 25 minutes.
- Let sit for 10 minutes once you remove from grill (be very careful when opening-- very hot!).