1/2 Photos of Flourless White Chocolate Cake
1 hr 5 mins
I've read up a bit on flourless chocolate cakes, but I really wanted to try a flourless white chocolate cake. This is my version. To be more fancy, you can swap the white chocolate with specialty white chocolate (I used Lindt's White Chocolate with Coconut, and plan to use Ghiradelli White Chocolate with Vanilla Bean in the future. If you find other varieties, go for it!). It was an instant hit at my house. It's not too sweet and tastes great.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Grease a 8 inch round tin.
- 3Melt butter in a double boiler.
- 4When butter is half done melting, add the sugar.
- 5When the butter is completely done, add the white chocolate. (Strictly speaking, you could add the butter, sugar and white chocolate at the same time, but I find this easier).
- 6All while you are melting things, stir frequently.
- 7Just as the white chocolate and the butter are completely melted, remove from double boiler.
- 8Mix in egg yolks, one by one.
- 9Mix in almond meal.
- 10Whip egg whites until stiff peaks form.
- 11Gently fold egg whites into mixture.
- 12Pour mixture into prepared tin.
- 13Bake for fifty minutes.
- 14The cake may look rather brown, but that's perfectly fine. I serve mine in the tin, dusted with sugar for decoration.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Flourless White Chocolate Cake
Serving Size: 1 (91 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 391.7
- Calories from Fat 262
- Total Fat 29.1 g
- Saturated Fat 14.6 g
- Cholesterol 167.0 mg
- Sodium 73.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 25.3 g
- Protein 7.7 g