Recipe by LUVMY2BOYS
I wish I could remember where I got this-it was somewhere on the Internet! But it's fabulous, filling, delicious & very nutritious! I know the ingredients seems small for one serving, but I find it to be enough. Feel free to double up, though, if you're really hungry!
- 1⁄4 cup old fashioned oats
- 1⁄2 cup milk (I use skim)
- 1⁄2 banana, sliced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seeds
- Splenda sugar substitute, for topping (I use two packets) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix first 5 ingredients in a microwave safe bowl.
- Microwave on high for 2 minutes
- Stir oatmeal, and add flaxseed (it will thicken the oatmeal so don't worry if the mixture seems thin at first!)
- Top with optional Splenda packets. I also top mine with more sliced banana & low carb vanilla yogurt. Raisins or nuts would be good, too!