Recipe by spinklet
A.1. Original Sauce Recipe Contest Entry. Amazingly tender Flank Steak with a sauce made of cherries, dark chocolate, creamy goat cheese, the sweet tang of A-1 Sauce and a hint of chipotle pepper.
- 1 cup pitted cherries
- 1⁄4 teaspoon butter, plus
- 1 teaspoon butter, Reserved
- 1⁄4 cup dark chocolate (melting chocolate)
- 3 teaspoons goat cheese
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons A.1. Original Sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground dried chipotle pepper
- 24 ounces flank steaks
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1⁄4 cup sliced red onion
Directions See How It's Made
- Pit the cherries.
- Add pitted cherries to a food processor and blend until it is liquid.
- Strain the juice into a bowl.
- In a small saucepan add the butter and melt over low heat.
- Add the cherry sauce.
- Add the chocolate and stir frequently until the chocolate has melted.
- Add the goat cheese and continue stirring until everything has melted.
- Add the A-1 Sauce and the chipotle pepper stir for 2 minutes and remove from heat.
- In a skillet over medium heat, add 1 teaspoon of butter and ½ Teaspoon of EVOO.
- When butter has melted and mixed with the EVOO add the steak salted side down.
- Salt and pepper the side that is up.
- Cook the steak 10-12 minutes depending on how thick your steak is and then
- flip and cook another 10- 12 minutes.
- Let steak rest on a cutting board for 5 minutes.
- Put the sauce on low heat for 1-2 minutes, stirring frequently, until hot.
- Slice the steak thin.
- Add to plate and drizzle sauce and add the red onions.