Prep 30 mins
Cook 16 mins
From Southern Living. Excellent.
- 1 (2 lb) flank steaks
- red jalapeno chile
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine, softened
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot sauce
- To make the marinade: Mix together all the marinade ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- To make the Chili Butter: mix together all the ingredients until well blended; set aside.
- Place the flank steak in a shallow dish or heavy-duty zip lock plastic bag; add the marinade; cover or seal and chill for 8 hours (turn meat occasionally).
- Remove steak from marinade and throw away marinade.
- Grill steak over medium-high heat (350-400°), covered for 7-8 minutes on each side OR to desired degree of doneness.
- Cut steak diagonally across the grain into thin strips.
- Serve with chili butter.
- Garnish with red jalapeno peppers.