Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
From a long-time friend's cookbook compilation.
- 6 ounces mozzarella cheese, grated
- 6 ounces cheddar cheese, grated
- 6 ounces monterey jack cheese, grated
- 2 (4 1/2 ounce) cans green chilies, chopped
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) can red chilies, chopped
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 2 cups milk
- Beat together eggs, flour and milk. Add drained chilies and cheese. Blend well.
- Pour into well greased 1 1/2 quart casserole dish.
- Bake at 350F for 45 minutes.
This was a very good side dish to have with Mexican food. I couldn't find red chilies so used all green. It didn't set up in the middle but I put it in a deep casserole dish rather than a wide one. Was very tasty and a little spicy. Will be making with my next big family dinner with some Mexican food favorites. Made for Fall 2009 PAC.
This was very good. I reduced the cheese and used skim milk. I used roasted jalapenos instead of red chilies. Excellent, creamy, and spicy. Thanks for sharing a great recipe.