Lower Fat Chiles (Chiles) Rellenos Casserole
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 cups reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend, shredded (Sargento's is one brand)
- 1 cup evaporated skim milk
- 3⁄4 cup fat free egg substitute or 3 beaten eggs
- 6 corn tortillas, torn into 2 inch pieces
- 2 (4 ounce) cans chopped mild green chilies
- 1⁄2 cup mild chunky salsa
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- fat free sour cream or light sour cream
- Spray a large deep dish pie pan, or a deep square baking pan with Pam.
- In a mixing bowl, combine 1 cup cheese, milk, egg, tortillas, chilies, salsa and salt.
- Mix well and pour into pan.
- Bake at 375 about 30 minutes until set.
- Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup cheese and cilantro over top and bake another couple of minutes until cheese is melted.
- Serve with a dollop of sour cream.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation