Recipe by A la Carte
From Australian Women's Weekly. These make a perfect appy, or a light lunch/dinner. The sauce is spicy if your curry paste is spicy, so take that into account if you don't like things too hot.
Top Review by Sonya01
this was fantastic i loved it. I only gave it 4 stars as it did not tell u what to do with the other ingredients in the fish patties. eg. the ginger sugar shallots and chilli. I just processed them up with the fish and it worked wonderfully.
- 2 lbs boneless with fish, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 1 small fresh red chile, chopped
- 1 egg
- 1⁄3 cup unsalted peanuts, chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 3 teaspoons red curry paste
- 1 tablespoon fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Process the fish through the egg until smooth.
- Transfer into a bowl and stir in the peanuts.
- Roll rounded tablespoons of the mixture into bballs and flatten slightly into patties.
- DDeep fry in hot oil in batches until browned and cooked through. Drain on paper towels if you wish.
- Meanwhile, make the mayonnaise: mix the mayo, 1 shallot, curry paste, chopped coriander, lime juice and 1 tsp of sugar. Make sure it's mixed well and chill if desired until the fish patties are cooked.