Recipe by Dreamgoddess
This is one of the recipes I adopted -- it's gotten 5 stars all around, so I won't change it, but I wouldn't use margarine or cooking oil -- I would use either light olive oil or unsalted butter. I also might substitute half and half for the milk, to be a little decadent once in a while...
Top Review by hannahamil
Delicious! I added cornstarch to thicken it up, some Old Bay seasoning, more salt and pepper, and McCormick's salt free, all purpose seasoning to kick up the flavor. Love, love this chowder. Thank you very much for sharing your recipe.
- 453.59 g cod fish fillet
- 29.58 ml margarine or 29.58 ml cooking oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 118.29 ml celery, diced
- 473.18 ml raw potatoes, diced
- 118.29 ml carrot, sliced
- 473.18 ml boiling water
- 4.92 ml salt
- 2.46 ml pepper
- 236.59 ml milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut cod fillets into bite sized pieces.
- Melt margarine in large saucepan Cook onion and celery until onion is tender and translucent. Add potatoes, carrots, water, salt and pepper.
- Cover and simmer 10 to 15 minutes until vegetables are tender.
- Add fish and cook 10 minutes longer.
- Add milk.
- Reheat, but do not boil.
- Serves 4.
- Serve hot, with freshly baked home made bread or rolls and butter.