This is one of the recipes I adopted -- it's gotten 5 stars all around, so I won't change it, but I wouldn't use margarine or cooking oil -- I would use either light olive oil or unsalted butter. I also might substitute half and half for the milk, to be a little decadent once in a while...
- Cut cod fillets into bite sized pieces.
- Melt margarine in large saucepan Cook onion and celery until onion is tender and translucent. Add potatoes, carrots, water, salt and pepper.
- Cover and simmer 10 to 15 minutes until vegetables are tender.
- Add fish and cook 10 minutes longer.
- Add milk.
- Reheat, but do not boil.
- Serves 4.
- Serve hot, with freshly baked home made bread or rolls and butter.