The Finns seem to have many interesting ways of preparing root vegetables. Here is one from Florence Schwartz's "Vegetable Cooking of All Nations". It looks like it would go nicely with roasted meats. Posted for ZWT3.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- 2In a bowl combine the rice, milk, carrots, salt, brown sugar and eggs.
- 3Butter a 1-1/2 quart casserole.
- 4Pour the carrot mixture into the casserole.
- 5Combine the bread crumbs with the melted butter; sprinkle over the carrot mixture.
- 6Bake for 40 minutes or until the top is lightly brown.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Finnish Carrot Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (197 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 297.6
- Calories from Fat 99
- Total Fat 11.0 g
- Saturated Fat 6.1 g
- Cholesterol 97.1 mg
- Sodium 571.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 8.2 g