Bun (Vietnamese Herb Noodle Salad)
photo by Sommer Clary
- Ready In:
Nuac Cham Sauce
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup fish sauce
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 thai chili, finely chopped
- shredded carrot (optional)
- 1 lb rice vermicelli noodles
- 1⁄2 cup sliced garlic, fried
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh mung bean sprouts
- 2 Persian cucumbers, julienned
- 1 1⁄4 cups fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 1⁄4 cups fresh mint leaves
- 1 cup thai basil leaves, roughly chopped
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1 cup unsalted dry roasted peanuts, crushed
- Bring a large pot of water to a rolling boil. Turn off the heat and add the noodles; let sit for 2 minutes.
- Remove noodles from hot water and shock them by placing them in a bowl of ice water. Drain in a colander.
- Place the noodles onto a serving bowl and cover with the cucumber, scallions and herbs. Garnish with black pepper, garlic and peanuts.
- Before serving, pour the Nuac Cham sauce over all and toss before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!