Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a most delish recipe! I got this recipe from the meat department at Walmart and thought I would share it with ya'll. This is a very festive and elegant entree. I serve it with sauted mushroom caps and baked potatoes. Enjoy!
- 6 (6 ounce) filet mignon
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
GREEN PEPPERCORN SAUCE
- 1⁄3 cup brandy (optional)
- 1⁄3 cup shallot, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons green peppercorns
- 3⁄4 cup whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon fresh tarragon or 1⁄2 tablespoon dried tarragon
- Heat butter and oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Season filets with salt and pepper.
- Saute 5 minutes per side for rare (10 min for medium).
- Transfer to a heated platter and keep warm.
- To make the sauce, add brandy to same skillet.
- Set aflame, shaking pan until flame dies.
- Add shallots and stir on high heat for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Rinse green peppercorns in cold water.
- Drain and chop.
- Add to pan with cream, mustard, and tarragon.
- Boil on high heat 2 to 3 minutes, stirring until sauce thickens.
- Add juice from filets.
- Pour sauce over filets and serve.