Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
this tastes wonderful with gorgonzola cheese.
- 1 orange
- 1⁄2 lb black mission fig, chopped
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 cup red wine
- 3 sprigs thyme, wrapped in
- 1 cup water
- peel the orange and cut into sections over a bowl.
- squeeze the sections to release the juice, add figs and sugar.
- let it stand for 10 minutes in a medium saucepan, add the fruit and remaining ingredients.
- bring to a boil, reduce heat to simmer and cook for 15 minutes until most of the liquid has evaporated, stirring occasionally.
- discard the thyme and cool.
Really enjoyed the taste of this compote, which I did serve along with gorgonzola, as suggested! Lasted no time at all, so next time I'm planning to make a triple batch, more for me, & some as a gift! Thanks for sharing a great recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Bargain Basement cooking game]