Cranberry Fig Compote
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup dried mission figs, chopped
- 1 (12 ounce) package cranberries
- 1⁄2 grapefruit, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup port wine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger, ground
- 1⁄8 teaspoon allspice, ground
- In a saucepan over medium heat combine all ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes or until mixture is thick. Cool completely.
- Can be covered and refrigerated for up to 5 days.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Made your recipe as directed, since I had no idea at all of how it should taste! It all came together very quickly & this combo of fruits is very, very nice indeed! I was a little aprehensive about the grapefruit, but not to worry! This is definitely a compote I'd enjoy making again, especially to include as part of a holiday gift basket! Thanks for sharing it! [tagged, made & reviewed in Newest Zaar Tag]
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I love cooking and trying different foods, but my favorite cookbooks are now Weight Watchers or low fat/low cal cookbooks as I tend to try and make low fat/low cal recipes. I lost over 90 pounds on Weight Watchers and have maintained for over a year now -- so my cooking/eating habits have changed drastically following my weight loss and to keep it off!</p>