1/1 Photo of Fig and Banana Walnut Muffins
These freeze well.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 ounces dried calimyrna figs or 6 ounces black mission figs, stems trimmed, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1 1/2 cups mashed ripe bananas
- 2/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup broken walnut pieces
- 1Preheat oven to 350°; lightly butter 20 muffin cups (or coat them with cooking spray).
- 2Add 2 tablespoons water each to any empty muffin cups.
- 3In a bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt together; add in the figs and chopped walnuts; toss to coat.
- 4In another bowl, whisk the banana, brown sugar, melted butter, egg, and vanilla together until blended; add to dry ingredients all at once; fold in until evenly moistened.
- 5Divide batter among muffin cups; sprinkle tops evenly with broken walnuts.
- 6Bake 20-22 minutes until tops are golden and pick comes out clean.
- 7Cool on a wire rack before removing the muffins from pan.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fig and Banana Walnut Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (830 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 142.7
- Calories from Fat 65
- Total Fat 7.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 17.4 mg
- Sodium 163.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 8.8 g
- Protein 2.3 g