Recipe by LJane
Much like Applebees, I made a few changes to a recipe found on the internet.
Top Review by KirstenSU04
Just wanted to let you know that I used to work in the kitchen at Applebees & the 'Mexi-Ranch" Dressing they use to top the chicken is just ranch dressing mixed with salsa. I know you have another concoction that sounds good, but just thought I'd put that info out there for ya :) I didn't rate the dish because I haven't made it.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 236.59 ml water
- 78.07 ml teriyaki sauce (or a spicy marinade 1 lime)
- 14.78 ml minced garlic
- 14.79 ml tequila (optional)
- 14.79 ml liquid smoke (can use worcestershire sauce)
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml ground ginger
- 59.14 ml mayonnaise
- 59.14 ml sour cream
- 29.58 ml salsa
- 14.79 ml milk
- 14.79 ml cajun seasoning
- 1.23 ml dried parsley
- 1.23 ml hot sauce
- 473.18 ml shredded cheese (cheddar, mozarella, colby jack, etc)
- 473.18 ml lime flavored tortilla chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare marinade: Mix together in bowl; water, teriyaki sauce, juice from 1/2 of lime, garlic, tequila (if desired), liquid smoke, salt and ginger.
- Marinate chicken breasts at least an hour in mixture.
- Prepare sauce: Mix together in bowl; mayonnaise, sour cream, salsa, milk, cajun spice, parsley and hot sauce.
- Cover and place in refrigerator until needed.
- Broil or grill chicken chicken until cooked through.
- Brush tops of chicken breasts with sauce, sprinkle on cheese and broil until cheese is melted.
- Cut remaining lime into 4ths.
- Serve chicken on tortilla chips with lime garnish.
- Great with rice!