Recipe by Leona L.
Hearty Supper meal, feeds those teenagers and hungry men too. I like to to make extra for leftovers.
- 4 lbs chicken pieces
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lb Italian sausage (i use hot ones)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 carrots, chopped
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon marjoram
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 head garlic, in whole cloves
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 yellow pepper, chopped
- 2 small zucchini, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine oregano, marjoram, mustard, salt, pepper & cayenne. Rub over chicken. Cover and refridgerate for 1 hours
- In large skillet, heat 1 Tbls of oil and brown the sausages, remove to a plate, add the other 1 Tlbs of oil and brown chicken, put into large casserole.
- Drain fat, cook garlic and carrots stirring for 7-9 mins, add peppers and cook for another 2 minutes
- Arrange veggies and sausage over the chicken.
- Add tomatoes to skillet and bring to a boil scraping up the bottom of pan pour over chicken, veggies and sausage.
- Bake uncovered for 30 mins at 400, basting often. Add zucchini, cover and bake, basting often for 15 - 30 mins or until chicken juice runs clear.